I, a college-level computer-science student, have reached a conclusion:
I can't possibly be the only one who gets overwhelmed by the amazing amount of information on the internet.
I've been working with computers for-bloody-ever, and I'm getting into more and more obscure things as I go, now. One of the things I've noticed as I wander into the (relatively) deep, dark corners of computer-fiddling is that it gets harder and harder to find a centralized how-to manual.
Just this last weekend, I learned some basic shell-scripting syntax (in bash, for Linux) for the sole purpose of transferring some music from .aif, which is incompatible with my complicated setup (that I'll probably get into as I get going with this blog), into mp3s.
Simple, right?
Well, yes and no. One of the first things I'll be talking about here is what trials and tribulations I went through, along with my code and the little bits of info I picked up along the way.
At least I'll have a centralized help-file for my own uses, if nobody else enjoys it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment